Check this page regularly for great helpful tips and advice for our Idaho Plumbing and Remodeling customers!
ATTENTION HOMEOWNERS !
In order to winterize your hose bibs, please follow the following procedure:
1. Remove the hose from the hose bib to allow for any water to drain out.
2. Turn off the cutoff valve(s) to the bib, which is located inside your home. Your inside hose bib cutoff valve(s) were pointed out to you at your walk through. Turn the handle clockwise to turn it off.
3. Open the hose bib and leave it open through the winter.
4. The turn off valve(s) inside your house has a bleed plug located on the side of the valve; water will drip from this area for a short time while the cap or plug is being removed. If you have copper water lines, you will need a pair of pliers to remove the cap. If you have CPVC (plastic) water lines, you will need an adjustable wrench to remove the plastic plug.
5. The hose bib has a vacuum breaker attached to it; there is a pin inside of the threaded end. Push this pin to the side, as this will allow the water to drain from the hose bib.
We hope this tip was of some help!
Still have questions or need a free Boise Plumbing or remodeling estimate? Contact Two Thumbs Up Plumbing and Remodeling!